Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Mexico PHOTO DUMP!....Part Uno

First off, I want to offer my apologies for not blogging lately.  I have been SUPER busy at work and find myself preferring to spend time eating, sleeping, watching tv, hanging with friends or being an awesome mom...as opposed to writing a blog.  Sorry!  To make up for it...here is a "photo dump" of the first few days we spent in Playa Del Carmen, Mexico with our friends and their 1 year old.  Also, when you require more information about our trip this past month, please refer to our friend's blog for hugely detailed and comprehensive posts regarding our trip :)

Mia in her chair and the living room in the background

Our own private pool just one "back yard" away from the beach access.  I would say 70% of our vacation was spent near this pool and on our "porch"

Walking to the beach from our house...only photo we could get with Mia wearing her sun glasses as opposed to chewing on them or throwing them in the sand

Mia and I walking along the beach our first day in Mexico.  Notice the LACK of vendors and people...yeah, you're jealous :)


After putting sand all over her body, in her hair, on her face and up her diaper, she then decides to try and eat it too.

Needed to take a shower to at least ATTEMPT to get the sand off of Mia. 

When Mia has wet hair, I have a habit of either making it into a big Mohawk or doing something similar to this picture...which makes her look very similar to Nick Nolte's mug shot:


Running toward the waves...which did not last long before she got a bit scared

Annie: "Ha!!! I got her snack up!!!"
Mia: "Don't care...I got your water"

Awesome brunch spot which was perfect for kids and families: open early, great food, lots to look at (turtles, fish, colors, masks, etc.)

Nick Nolte and Annie laughing about their devilish plans

Learning how to give fish kisses...she did this ALL day and we have rarely seen it since

snuggling with me during a cool down session in the shade

still practicing...

Um, FAVORITE outfit with her cute little sun hat should only wore on HER terms...what a cutie

Yeah, still favorite pic of Mia and I

Snuggling it up with daddy, ahhhh.

Too funny! I think this is when she noticed my drink was empty and there was nothing in it for her :)

pretending to go night night

"Oh dad, you are so silly!"

Peek-a-boo!

One of the only pictures taken on our "date night"...we got severely rained on and Nate ended up covering his camera in two layers of plastic "to go" bags from the restaurant.

I have been thinking lately (again) about how fortunate Nate and I are to have such a wonderful life, daughter, friends and family members.  I had a client come in recently, and after celebrating her 15th wedding anniversary, was told by her husband that he no longer loves her and is in a "deep friendship" with someone else.  Moreover, it sounds as if he tends to always find fault and the bad out of everything in life.  When we are feeling stuck, overwhelmed, vulnerable, fearful, depressed or angry it is so easy for us to find things that "prove us right" about our current shit.   It is easy to get caught up in job stress, worries, doubts and complaints but I have so much to be thankful for and happy about.  Mexico was absolutely a relaxing trip and I hope to share more photos with you in the near future.  Stay tuned...

Just sayin'


1 comment:

  1. Ah...looks like you had a BLAST in Mexico!! Mia is getting to be such the little lady :) I have to find a weekend in the not so distant future to come to MN for a visit! xoxo

    ReplyDelete