Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Jack: 10 Months


I swear to GAWWWWD! I could eat this kid alive he is so scrumptious!

I am getting sad that it is closer and closer to Jack's 1st birthday.  It means that he's closer and closer to not being my baby anymore, the stage I absolutely love.  I know part of my role as a mom is to be proud and excited and support my kids getting older, more independent and all of that crap...but lately there is a big part of me that wants so badly to hold on to this chunk of a baby stage where he basically can do no wrong in my eyes.  To be honest, a lot of this "wanting to keep Jack a smiling chunky perfect baby forever" is the fact that we are 100% done having kids.  Although this is a decision we both made and have put in to action (snip snip), I think it is inevitable that there will be some doubt and wonder after making a choice like that.  I'm sure I'll move on and get over it soon enough, especially when our group of friends are no longer having newborns.  There is something just exciting (for me) about being around pregnant people, growing bellies, newborns, etc....but maybe thats because its happening to them and not me :)  Eh, who knows....I guess I better just have fun these last few months of baby-hood and do the whole "enjoy it while it lasts" thing :)

Here are some funny random pics of Jack..."in costume":

Fairy: he likes playing with his wand...ha!

Chef: he's really no help at all in kitchen just yet but looks cute playing the role anyway
 
Curly: "Why I oughta"

Elmer Fudd: got stuck in the swing hunting for wabbits.....not really, but dont know what else to say about Elmer Fudd

Eskimo: ready for winter...although we may have another mild year again :)

Clark Kent OR Grandpa Karl (since those are his glasses): looking stylish in his button up and overalls for Thanksgiving

"Jack in the Box" at Thanksgiving: This kept him contained in one area and prevented him from rolling, sliding and spinning around on the floor and ending up under the dining room table

I say this every month, but time sure does fly by.  I feel like just yesterday we were celebrating Halloween and dressing the kids up as Mickey and Minnie...and here we are now trying to organize our holiday plans over Xmas.  Jack continues to excel in the areas of cuteness, eating (mostly), and sleep.  We are introducing more and more finger foods to Jack's meals, but also being cautious and midful of choking risks...which can scare me at times.  He is doing MUCH better grabbing at food and bringing it to his mouth, but has a habit of doing it over and over again without always chewing everything up...so we have to give him bits at a time to avoid gagging or choking.  Regarding sleep, Jack normally busts out two good naps a day and sleeps through the night 7pm-7am.  WE.ARE.SO.LUCKY!

Thankful for nights with Nana Terese, who picks up the kids from day care, helps with dinner and bedtime when I work late every Tuesday night
 
Jack is "pretty much the same" this month with two noticeable exceptions: his verbal outbursts/babbling and the wide range of hilarious facial expressions he has. He does a lot of random babbling, squealing and legit screaming with excitement...and even some animal-like grunting at times...it's all so funny and I must get it on film as evidence (I'll add that to the to do list).  His facial expressions are also to die for.  Of course, facial expressions are hard to capture but we got this one recently and almost pissed ourselves:

Grrrrrr
Our friend Megan called this perfectly....he looks like the little old man, Carl, from the movie Up!!
 


So I know I've said this before, but this time I am "REALLY trying not to freak out" with the mobility development that is NOT happening with my little Bubbers. He is straight up 10 months old and still can not really stand up and can not crawl...forward. I chalk it up to laziness, fat rolls on his body and the fact that it isn't necessary at this point for him to have this skill to get what he wants (ie: someone will bring him what he wants, he can slide and pivot on the floors, and he can for real ROLL himself over and over to get something her wants, hehe). Everyone reminds me to enjoy this time when he can't move too fast and in too many directions, but my emotional and irrational mind is already made up that I should somehow be a bit worried. On a scale of 1-10 I am at about a 6 for being worried...but if we are still talking about his lack of movement in 2 more months, I imagine my worry scale will be closer to 9 or 10 :) Other than that one concern, Jack is awesome...simply perfect.
I mean seriously...
 ...could he BE any cuter?
Nope...can't get cuter than this (says his unbiased mom)
 
Speaking of fat rolls on his body...this is him bustin' out of 12 month jammies when he was barely 10 months old.
 
One last pic to gear up for the busy holidays...
Mia, her baby Kayla, Santa (aka Mike from the bank) and Jack
 
...See ya next month/year!

No comments:

Post a Comment