Saturday, February 23, 2013

Jack: 12 months


Hey Girl, I just turned 1.

Oh my dear sweet little Jack-a-Bub...all grown up.  I don't even know what to say or what to write about that captures the amount of love I have for this little man and how much of a proud mamma I am.  As we transition out of baby-hood and in to toddler-hood, I find myself a little sad.  It sounds so dramatic, but it's like Im mourning the loss of my little baby, whose about to grow up.  There are little traits of Jack's personality that have me realize he is growing out of being a baby, but then there are those moments when he tucks both of his arms under his belly and nestles in to your shoulder when we cuddle that totally have me thinking (and wishing) he'll be a baby forever.  It's no surprise I that I have always loved the newborn and baby-hood stages; however, I am hoping that for my own sanity, that I also love the new stages of Jack that are just around the corner.

Here are some random silly pics of Jack lately....he's such a character!
Jack's favorite yoga pose

One of his favorite faces to make when trying to get us to laugh

LOVES showing off how big he is

Jack has taken a liking to the princess towel after bath time...who can blame him, he looks adorbs in it!

Yup...Jack in the Box never gets old

Jack is super in to books these days...at least that is what I tell myself

So here are Jack's stats at one year old.  Head=18.25in, weight=24 lb 6oz, height= 2ft 6in.  Big boy! Developments in the past month have included a dramatically more speedy crawl, curiosity and climbing of the stairs (watch out!), more verbal babble, waving hello and goodbye, increased preference to snuggle (LOVE it!), increase ability to hold attention/focus and engage in independent play, evidence of words in the horizon (hi, da-deeee, mamamama, etc) and hard work and efforts in standing and cruising around furniture or other obstacles.  Things that remained consistent include his charming personality, his "cool" and calm nature, his ability to sleep wonderfully, his desire to eat ALL.THE.TIME, his willingness to eat anything we offer, his curiosity and desire to be around his sister and others, and his flexibility or ability to adapt.  Obviously, another thing that has remained the same has been our extreme love and adoration of Jack.  He is so charming, sweet, relaxed, cautious, cuddly, curious and simply such a joy to be around.  I hate to jinx it now (since we all know how Mia started it and how she is "these days")....but Jack has seriously been such a easy baby and we have VERY few moments, days or memories that really have us thinking otherwise.   Thank.You.Jack!

In his 12th month....
Juuuuust getting used to standing up and figuring out how to "get down"
Thankfully, this skill has improved a lot over the past month :)
His favorite "wooden hot dog toy" from the Melissa and Doug collection :)
Mia helping out during bath time...we call this the "flower shower"
Nate on the left, Jack on the right.  The similarities are there for sure; however, I think we could get a WAY better side by side pretty soon....we'll just use this one for now :)

This is the "First Year" video of Jack....well done, Nate.  Enjoy.



Here are some pics form his birthday at day care as well as our place:
Each kid, every year, gets their own birthday crown.  Mia "helped" Jack makes his this year.

His victory celebration after having chocolate frosting angle food cake.

Sporting his camo vest on his pimped out ATV compliments of auntie Maddy and uncle Erik...
he LOVES this thing!
Bwwwaaaahahahahaha!  Turning 1 is apparently very hilarious to Jack :)

To be honest, this past month (and more) have been blurry, busy and "not normal" in terms of our typical routine. As such, this 1 year blog post is clearly overdue and void of a lot of conrete information.   At the end of the day, I am simply not a blogger.  I want to rid myself of the feeling like I "have to" write about trips, food, my kids, etc and just simply do it when it feels right.  I love looking back and using this space for documentation purposes but I certainly don't anticipate me "blogging" very much from here on out.  Ta-ta for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment