Thursday, December 9, 2010

How come kids can do it but we can't?

*Thank you 3pm client for not showing up and not calling and making me sit here and wait for you.  Fine, I'll just write a quickie blog.

There are some days I wish I was a kid again. I used to wish I was a cat because I have a cat and they literally don't have to do shit...ever.  Now that I have a young child, the wishing I was a cat has shifted to wishing I was a kid. Here are some things I wish I could do/have or experience that babies and toddlers can:
  • stare at people for a long long time with or without expression
  • take multiple naps a day
  • wear fleece footed one piece zip-up jammies to bed
  • wear fleece footed one piece zip-up jammies all day long
  • get food all over my face and have some else wipe it off
  • be held and snuggle in the crook between some one's neck and shoulder
  • fall asleep in the back seat of the car
  • be pushed around in a stroller
  • be pulled around in a sled
  • point at people for long periods of time
  • flirt with anyone I want
  • ask why people they act or look the way they do without consequence
  • fart and laugh about it in public
  • burp and laugh about it in public
  • have all of my meals cooked and prepared for me
  • have no chores or cleaning duties other than "can you put this in the garbage?"
  • have people clap, smile and laugh at pretty much everything I say or do
  • deal with minimal expectations from others...other than sitting, crawling, eating and walking
  • again, stare and watch people all day long...I love people-watching
Any others you want to add to the list?  Kids have it so easy don't they?...so do cats.

No comments:

Post a Comment