Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Holy Crap I'm Writing a Blog!

Yup, you read me right, I have FINALLY given in to the suggestions (and complaints) of others and I have decided to start writing a blog.  Where do I start?  What do I say?  Who is actually listening?  And who actually cares?  In the interest of full disclosure, my main motivation in creating a blog is for my own selfish reasons: online therapy, validation, acknowledgement, feeling a sense of community, to acquire a new skill and hopefully take a bit of credit for brightening some one's day and making someone laugh once in a while...if I am lucky.  I have had a LOT of guilt about not starting a blog when I became a mother; however, to my credit, I did it the old school way and wrote in a journal...with a pen...on paper...ishy, I know.  Everytime I have wanted to write about Mia, about being a mom, or anything really...I got stuck in the "I don't know how and mine will never be as cool as hers/his."  Consider this my disclaimer:  I am not fancy. I don't always know how to download and upload and attach links and tweet..or is it twit?...But I promise to do my best with what I have and what I know to make this a worthwhile experience for everyone involved!  [cheering, clapping, yeah Molly you can do it!] 

I have yet to decide a main "focus" of this blog but I anticipate it having a lot to do with my life (duh) including: being a mom, funny things Mia does, struggling to redefine my marriage with a young child, funny stories from work...I have to be careful of that for confidentiality reasons...maybe I should not even go down that road, I just started a new job, no need to get fired right away, right?  Basically, this blog is going to be my attempt at being honest and finding a balance where I rarely hurt some one's feelings, but take the risk to do so just in case some good/growth comes from it. 

With that, I better just submit this first and see if it works...

2 comments:

  1. It worked! As soon as you have a few posts, I'll direct my 10 fans over here to give you a good start at building a community! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Better living through blogging! Count me among your readers...

    ReplyDelete